The Veterans Business Outreach Center (VBOC) program is a one-stop-shop for transitioning service members, veterans and military spouses looking to start, purchase, or grow a business.
We are here to assist you not do it for you! Our process is designed to help you make a decision that is right for you and your current situation, assess your idea, and understand the best way to implement for maximum impact!
Boots to Business
Regional Boots 2 Business
Boots to Business (B2B) is an entrepreneurial education and training program offered by the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) as part of the Department of Defense Transition Assistance Program (TAP). The course provides an overview of entrepreneurship and applicable business ownership fundamentals. Active Duty Service members (including National Guard and Reserve), Veterans of all eras, and spouses are eligible to participate.
Boots 2 Business Reboot
Reboot Boots to Business is a one-day training program that provides participants an overview of business ownership as a career vocation, an outline and knowledge of the components of a business plan, a practical exercise in opportunity recognition, and an introduction to available public and private resources.
5-Phase Veteran Entrepreneur Process
The model is based on theories of cognitive entrepreneurship development and adaptive work in combination with the formal education and real world experience of consultants.
Phase 1 – Evaluation/Counseling
The client’s entrepreneurial abilities are further assessed using validated evaluation programs. Counselor discusses pros and cons of the venture’s readiness for small business. We determine if your idea is a viable business or a really great hobby
Phase 4 – Operations Implementation
Clients are assisted with securing business loans or other capital, preparation for operations and opening up the small business. Celebrations are promoted through social media and other avenue and client is promoted to other VBRC clients and potential partners.
Phase 2 – Business Consulting
Our counselors work to help our clients understand marketing plan creation, financial management, and other business-related concepts. Start-up Ventures receive emphasis on counseling and education in small business processes and planning. Expanding Business receive an emphasis on growth and development. Companies are assisted in evaluating themselves and potential vendors across 4 key dimensions: Quality Product; Service; On Time Delivery, and Reasonable Price.
WE WON’T LET YOU GET TO THE ISLAND OF ME!
YOU ARE NOT ALONE!
Phase 3 – Skills Development
A robust process that requires exploration of new behaviors and learning. The relationship with the client allows the counselor to help client do the work and, subsequently, take ownership of the process.
Phase 5 – Mentoring
Successfully established businesses help move the client through a formal process annotating his/her strengths and opportunities for improvement. The goal is to assign a mentor that will stay with the small business throughout the duration of the program. Exposure to other local, regional and national programs helps our clients stay focused and continue to grow.
Find The VBOC In Your Region!
New England Region
Veterans Business Outreach Center of New England
- Address: 132 George M Cohan Blvd, #4410, Providence, RI 02903
- Website: www.VBOCNewEngland.org
- Old Dominion University Veterans Business Outreach Center
- Address: 112 Bank Street, Norfolk, VA, 23510
- Website: www.odu.edu/vboc
Community Business Partnership
- Address: 6564 Loisdale Court, Ste 600, Springfield, VA 22150
- Website: www.cbponline.org
Great Lakes Region
Great Plains Region
- Address: 3831 N. Freeway, Ste 105, Sacramento, CA 95834
- Website: www.vbocix.org
SoCal Veterans Business Outreach Center
- Address: 2075 Las Palmas Dr, Carlsbad, CA 92011
- Website: www.socalvboc.org
A New Leaf, Inc. – AWEEc
- Address: 500 E Fry Blvd, Ste M14-G, Sierra Vista, AZ 85635
- Website: www.arizonavboc.org
- Veterans Business Outreach Center at Gulf Coast State College
- Address: 5230 US Hwy 98, Asbell Building, Room 206, Panama City, FL 32401
- Website: www.vboc.org
Veterans Business Outreach Center at Fayetteville State University
- Address: 1200 Murchison Rd, Building: BCBE, Fayetteville, NC 28301
- Website: www.fsuvboc.com
Veterans Business Outreach Center at Pathway Lending
- Address: 201 Venture Circle, Nashville, TN 37228
- Website: www.pathwaylending.org/vboc
Veterans Business Outreach Center at Mississippi State University
- Address: 60 Technology Blvd, Ste 105C, Starkville, MS 39759
- Website: www.vboc.msstate.edu
South Central Region
Veterans Business Outreach Center at University of Texas Rio Grande Valley
- Address: 1407 E Freddy Gonzalez Dr, Ste 1200, Edinburg, TX 78539
- Website: www.utrgv.edu/vboc
Veterans Business Outreach Center at University of Texas Arlington College of Business
- Address: 701 S West St, Ste 635, Arlington, TX 76019
- Website: www.uta.edu/vboc
Rocky Mountain Region
Pacific Northwest Region
Take the next steps?
Do you have a business idea? Are you ready to grow your already established Veteran business?
The first step is to Request Counseling so that we can assist you. We will take it from there. Our counselors are skilled at getting you from point A to B. Your unit has not left you!