VetBiz and the VBOC Program
The Veterans Business Outreach Center (VBOC) program is a one-stop-shop for transitioning service members, veterans and military spouses looking to start, purchase, or grow a business. The VBOC program is nation wide initiative deployed by organization across the United States. VetBiz is proud to be a part of the VBOC network. We serve Missouri, Iowa, Kansas and Nebraska.
Funded in part through a Cooperative Agreement with the U.S. Small Business Administration. All opinions, conclusions, and/or recommendations expressed herein are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the SBA.
VetBiz Entrepreneur Process
VetBiz is here to assist you, not do the work for you! Our five stage process is designed to help veterans and military family entrepreneurs make decisions that are right for their current situation. Learn how the unit at VetBiz can help you achieve your goals!
VetBiz intake counselors work with clients to assist current entrepreneurial abilities using validated evaluation programs. The counselor discusses the pros and cons of the venture’s readiness for small businesses and makes recommendations.
Building a veteran-owned business is a robust process that requires exploration of new behaviors and learning. VetBiz offers opportunities for entrepreneurship education through professional development programs such as VetBiz Activate, CEO Round Table, Boots to Business and Boots to Business Reboot, and a rotating selection of virtual and in-person classes.
Our counselors work to help our clients understand marketing plan creation, financial management, and other business-related concepts. Start-up Ventures receive emphasis on counseling and education in small business processes and planning. Expanding Business receive an emphasis on growth and development. Companies are assisted in evaluating themselves and potential vendors across 4 key dimensions: Quality Product; Service; On Time Delivery, and Reasonable Price.
Clients are assisted with securing business loans or other capital, preparation for operations and opening up the small business. Client successes are promoted through social media and other avenue and client is promoted to other VetBiz clients and potential partners.
All of our service are provided at no cost to the client. Therefore we ask all clients that have gone through our program and operate successful businesses give back to the community. Advanced clients help mentor developing clients. Mentors stay with the new business owner throughout the duration of the VetBiz process. We believe that exposure to other local, regional and national programs helps our clients stay focused and continue to grow.
Start your Journey Today! Join Your New Unit.
Boots to Business
Regional Boots to Business
Boots to Business (B2B) is an entrepreneurial education and training program offered by the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) as part of the Department of Defense Transition Assistance Program (TAP). The course provides an overview of entrepreneurship and applicable business ownership fundamentals. Active Duty Service members (including National Guard and Reserve), Veterans of all eras, and spouses are eligible to participate.
Boots to Business Reboot
Boots to Business Reboot is a one-day training program that provides participants an overview of business ownership as a career vocation, an outline and knowledge of the components of a business plan, a practical exercise in opportunity recognition, and an introduction to available public and private resources.
Resources and Updates for Veteran and Military Spouse Entrepreneurs. For Local Updates check out the VetBiz News and Events Page. Ready to Take Action? Request Counseling Today!
How to Procure Government Contracts for Your Veteran-Owned Small Business
Did you know that the U.S. government is the largest single purchaser of goods and services in the world?
3 Key Steps to Building Your Business As A National Guard or Reserve Member
If you’re a National Guard or Reserve member and you’re considering making the leap into business ownership, here are three key steps to help you get started.
Prepare Your Business For The Unexpected
Is your business prepared for a disaster? Check out these 3 steps for getting ahead of business disruptions and preparing your veteran-owned business for the unexpected.
Start Your Veteran Owned Business in 2023
Is 2023 the year you start your veteran-owned business? Here are four common New Year’s resolutions for veteran entrepreneurs.
Find The VBOC In Your Region!
New England Region
Veterans Business Outreach Center of New England
- Address: 132 George M Cohan Blvd, #4410, Providence, RI 02903
- Website: www.VBOCNewEngland.org
- Old Dominion University Veterans Business Outreach Center
- Address: 112 Bank Street, Norfolk, VA, 23510
- Website: www.odu.edu/vboc
Community Business Partnership
- Address: 6564 Loisdale Court, Ste 600, Springfield, VA 22150
- Website: www.cbponline.org
Great Lakes Region
VetBiz Central, Inc
- Address: 1401 East Court Street, Flint, MI 48503
- Website: www.vetbizcentral.org
Wisconsin Women’s Business Initiative Corporation (WWBIC)
- Address: 1533 N Rivercenter Dr, Milwaukee, WI 53212
- Website: www.wwbic.com/veterans
Great Plains Region
- Address: 3831 N. Freeway, Ste 105, Sacramento, CA 95834
- Website: www.vbocix.org
SoCal Veterans Business Outreach Center
- Address: 2075 Las Palmas Dr, Carlsbad, CA 92011
- Website: www.socalvboc.org
A New Leaf, Inc. – AWEEc
- Address: 500 E Fry Blvd, Ste M14-G, Sierra Vista, AZ 85635
- Website: www.arizonavboc.org
Veterans Business Outreach Center of the Pacific
- Address: 2800 Woodlawn Dr, Ste 292, Honolulu, HI 96822
- Website: www.hilo.hawaii.edu/vboc
Arsenal Business and Technology Partnership
- Address: 44 Dalliba Ave, #202, Watervliet, NY 12189
- Website: www.vbocregion2.com
- Veterans Business Outreach Center at Gulf Coast State College
- Address: 5230 US Hwy 98, Asbell Building, Room 206, Panama City, FL 32401
- Website: www.vboc.org
Veterans Business Outreach Center at Fayetteville State University
- Address: 1200 Murchison Rd, Building: BCBE, Fayetteville, NC 28301
- Website: www.fsuvboc.com
Veterans Business Outreach Center at Pathway Lending
- Address: 201 Venture Circle, Nashville, TN 37228
- Website: www.pathwaylending.org/vboc
Veterans Business Outreach Center at Mississippi State University
- Address: 60 Technology Blvd, Ste 105C, Starkville, MS 39759
- Website: www.vboc.msstate.edu
VECTR Center (Veterans Education Career Transition Resource Center – CGTC)
- Address: 1001 S. Armed Forces Blvd., Warner Robins, GA 31088
- Website: www.gavectr.org/vboc
South Central Region
Veterans Business Outreach Center at University of Texas Rio Grande Valley
- Address: 1407 E Freddy Gonzalez Dr, Ste 1200, Edinburg, TX 78539
- Website: www.utrgv.edu/vboc
Veterans Business Outreach Center at University of Texas Arlington College of Business
- Address: 701 S West St, Ste 635, Arlington, TX 76019
- Website: www.uta.edu/vboc
New Mexico Veterans Business Outreach Center
- Address: 5201 Eagle Rock Ave NE, Ste 2A, Albuquerque, NM 87113
- Website: www.nmvboc.org
Rocky Mountain Region
Big Sky Economic Development Authority
- Address: 222 N 32nd St, Ste 200, Billings, MT 59101
- Website: www.vbocregion8.com
VBOC of the Dakotas
- Address: 4200 James Ray Dr., Room 203, Stop 8372, Grand Forks, ND 58202
- Website: www.und.edu/dakotasvboc
Pacific Northwest Region
Business Impact NW
- Address: 1437 S Jackson St, Seattle, WA 98144
- Website: https://businessimpactnw.org/vboc/
Join Your New Unit!
Are you ready to grow your Veteran or Military Spouse owned business? Click the Join the Unit button below to register for assistance. Your new unit stand ready to assist. VetBiz, building veteran businesses!